An offsite event for gym members
There’s nothing like a little friendly competition!
Use that strength and fitness you’ve gained in the box to help your team score the winning points!
Invite your members to join a team, form a team or just steal the ball from a team and participate in an offsite Basketball Night at your local community courts. Social events are an awesome way to keep your community tight and improve your retention. A well run event promotes a healthy spirit amongst your members, provides an opportunity for your members to introduce your friends to your community and gets your brand out amongst other local organizations.
You can run your ‘Basketball Night’ your way or take some of our ideas from below.
To get started, on this page you will find a template flyer for your Basketball night event, plus some recommendations on how to make your event a huge success.
…As part of our Website + Marketing package our clients receive the following 2019 Postcard or Greeting Card customized to their brand and content:
- A3 Print Ready Poster
- A4 Print Ready Poster
- A5 Print Ready Poster
- Web Optimized Flyer (For use in emails and on the web)
- Facebook Event Banner
- Social Media Image
You will also receive the following content to help you promote the event:
- Sample text for the flyer design
- Facebook page post template – for promoting the event on your Facebook page.
- Facebook group post template – for promoting the event in your member Facebook group.
- EDM (electronic direct mail) e-mail template – for emailing out to your members
Here’s what it will look like:
Here’s how to run the event:
Decide what kind of competition you will run. It could be a ‘sudden death’ (knock-out) competition, or a round robin event where teams accumulate points per game and the two teams with the highest scores play off for the trophy.
Devise a style of trophy and a name, e.g ‘The All Stars Trophy.’
This could easily become a bi-annual or annual event to help build excitement and motivation.
Decide how many teams your competition will have and come up with some catchy, fun names for these teams.
Make up some colourful sign up sheets and place them in a prominent place in your box so that members can join a team. Alternatively, you could invite members to form their own teams and come up with their own appropriate names. Each team would need to nominate a captain who would be responsible for registering their team and organising their players on the night.
Of course, every winning team likes a prize, so it would help motivate participation if you were able to organise some of these for the night. You could put a call out to the business owners amongst your members to see if they would like to sponsor some prizes on the night. Other prize ideas include bumper stickers for the winning team, caps, shirts or a free group training session.
Promoting the event:
Spread the message far and wide to get as many participants as possible:
- Create an event on your Facebook page and share it in your members group.
- Write the content you need for the flyer template.
- Get the flyer finalised by our design team here at WodSites.
- Post on your facebook page and other social media. Ask your followers to share to boost numbers or add a comment if they are coming along.
- Brief all your coaches on the event so that they can promote it at the start and end of class.
- Send out an email through your CRM (Client Relation Management) System to all your members to promote the event..
- Organise printing of your posters and display them at the gym.
- Organise some small flyers for the members to take home and put on the fridge or to invite family and friends.
- Set tasks to send out reminders of the event as the event gets closer or build out an automation in your CRM System to automatically send out your reminders.
- Consider attaching flyers to noticeboards at local venues such as cafes and shopping malls if you are keen to have non-members join your event to get to know you and your gym.
Want to use this flyer template?
It’s simple. If you’re a member of the Website + Marketing subscription here at WodSites then all you need to do is click the button below to download the Word Document, complete the content in the document and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll edit up the flyer for you and send it back to you within a week. If you’re not a member yet, you need to be! New templates like this are created all the time for our members along with tons of other benefits. CLICK HERE to watch a complete demo of our services and then SIGN UP to get access to these marketing solutions and much more.
Want more marketing ideas like this?
We have a whole suite of marketing ideas like this one and we’ll gladly share them with you. To get access to all our Event marketing ideas please email [email protected] and will send you links to our complete list of event ideas. In the meantime, here are some more ideas you might like.