A climbing day is a great team building event for you to run with your members plus it’s an awesome family day out too!
The great thing about climbing is that there are tons of options for indoor and outdoor climbing days so regardless of the season, you can arrange it! Climbing days also provide the perfect opportunity for your members to showcase their fitness and improve their flexibility and bravery!
In this month’s release of Gym Design we are releasing design templates for you to promote and run your own Climbing Day. As part of our Website + Marketing package our clients receive the following designs customized to their brand and content:
1. A3 Print Ready Poster
2. A4 Print Ready Poster
3. A5 Print Ready Poster
4. Web Optimized Flyer (For use in emails and on the web)
5. Facebook Event Banner
6. Social Media Image
You will also receive the following content to help you promote the event:
- Sample text for the flyer design
- Facebook page post template – for promoting the event on your Facebook page.
- Facebook group post template – for promoting the event in your member Facebook group.
- EDM (electronic direct mail) e-mail template – for emailing out to your members
Here’s what it will look like:
Here’s how to run the event:
Your Climbing Day will require a little coordination however, there will be staff on site to supervise the safety, instruction and support. You just need to get everyone there!
- Select a climbing space and book it for your group. Consider the weather when you are choosing indoor or outdoor venues. Also think about facilities such as a bar, coffee shop, bathrooms and restaurant.
- Ask about group discounts or special offers such as a free drink for every ticket purchased.
- Contact your local minibus company and check the costs of hiring a driver and bus for the day to transport everyone together. A trip on the bus can be a great start and end to your event.
- Create a budget for each ticket to cover the climbing, transport, drinks and snacks. Think about making family value tickets too.
- Prepare some information for your members on the type of climbing available including beginner, kids and advanced. Be sure to check any health restrictions and brief your members on that too.
- Plan to make it a good morning out finishing with lunch or drinks at the climbing venue.
- Allow enough time for safety waivers to be signed prior to climbing.
- Think about getting some fun prizes for the winners or those who tried hardest (especially if there are kids attending).
- Remember to take your smartphone to snap some photos and videos for your social media pages.
Promoting the event:
Your climbing day may be a little more expensive than your other events so you need to be sure to promote it properly and show your members as much value as possible. Here’s how:
- Promote your event on your Facebook page and members group.
- Write the content you need for the flyer.
- Ask your members to invite their friends and families
- Get the flyer designed by our design team here at WodSites.
- Collect the money upfront, either through an online link or at your gym.
- Brief all your coaches on the event so that they can promote it at the start and end of class.
- Send out an email to all your members to promote the event.
- Make sure your members are wearing your branded t-shirts on the day.
- Suggest appropriate footwear/clothing for attendees.
- Organise printing of your posters and display them at the gym.
- Organise some small flyers for the members to take home and put on the fridge or to invite family and friends.
- Set tasks to send out reminders of the event as the event gets closer.
Want to use this flyer template?
It’s simple. If you’re a member of the Website + Marketing subscription here at WodSites then all you need to do is click the button below to download the Word Document, complete the content in the document and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll edit up the flyer for you and send it back to you within a week.
Want more marketing ideas like this?
We have a whole suite of marketing ideas like this one and we’ll gladly share them with you. To get access to all our Event marketing ideas please email [email protected] and will send you links to our complete list of event ideas. In the meantime, here are some more ideas you might like.