Christmas is a great time of year for your gym to be creating meaningful connections, not only with your members but also with their friends and family.
Christmas is a time to feel the joy of giving and love. The best way to do so is to spend it with people who constantly motivates and pushes you to become a better person.
In this month’s release of Gym Design we are releasing design templates to promote and run your own Christmas Party. As part of our Website + Marketing package our clients receive the following designs customized to their brand and content:
1. A3 Print Ready Poster
2. A4 Print Ready Poster
3. A5 Print Ready Poster
4. Web Optimized Flyer (For use in emails and on the web)
5. Facebook Event Banner
6. Social Media Image
You will also receive the following content to help you promote the event:
- Sample text for the flyer design
- Facebook page post template – for promoting the event on your Facebook page.
- Facebook group post template – for promoting the event in your member Facebook group.
- EDM (electronic direct mail) e-mail template – for emailing out to your members
Here’s what it will look like:
Wanting a different look for your Christmas event?
Check out some of the other great design templates we have created for Christmas.
Here’s how to run the event:
There are lots of ways you could celebrate Christmas at your gym, but here’s a few suggestions on conducting a festive party everyone will remember:
- Have a Christmas dress code for all workouts on the day of the Christmas Party.
- Book out your own section of a pub or restaurant and have a Christmas themed dinner party that night.
- Give out awards to members for their achievements over the last 12 months. Some of these might include are: most improved, most WOD’s completed for the year, loudest supporter, and a ‘heart-of-the-box’ award (for that one member who always invites their friends).
- You might also consider, where appropriate, some more humorous awards such as: for the member who always leaves equipment out, or, for the member who farted whilst hitting their back squat PR. Be creative and have some fun.
- You could also organise a secret santa gift. This is where your members all pick a name from the hat and buy a gift for one other gym member. Set a spending limit of say $20 and keep it secret!
Promoting the event:
When promoting & organising a Christmas party you must start early. Everyone’s busy in the lead up to Christmas with shopping, family stuff and balancing a myriad of other Christmas engagements. So, if you want to be on your members’ Christmas list, then prioritise getting this out to your people early.
Here’s the path we recommend to promote & organise your party:
- Book the venue to secure a date
- Do a realistic budget to set the cost of the event
- Create the content you need for the flyer
- Get the flyer designed by our design team here at WodSites
- If you are handling payments for the event then set up a payment form on your website and test it thoroughly. If you would prefer to run your event through a third party application like Eventbrite, then create an account with them and set up your event registration link.
- Schedule a meeting with all your coaches so you can brief them on the event and they can promote it at the start and end of classes.
- Create your Facebook event with all the information including cost, time and booking links for registrations.
- Post the event in your members Facebook group.
- Have your coaching staff personally invite every member through the Facebook event.
- Post the event on Instagram.
- Send out an email to all your members.
- Arrange printing of your posters and display them at the gym.
- Make sure you organise some small flyers for your members to take home and put on the fridge and encourage them to invite family and friends.
- Set tasks to send out reminders of the Party as the event gets closer.
Want to use this flyer template?
It’s simple. If you’re a member of the Website + Marketing subscription here at WodSites then all you need to do is click the button below to download the Word Document, complete the content in the document and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll edit up the flyer for you and send it back to you within a week.