HOLA AMIGOS! It’s time for a MAD MEX Party!
Gathering everyone together for a social evening is a great way to boost camaraderie away from the workout zone. Your Mexican Fiesta is a fun night filled with activities, food and friendly competition. This is an excellent opportunity to invite non-members who will have the chance to see what your gym is all about. Come up with some fun ideas and cook up a storm for a night to remember!
On this page, you will find a template flyer for the Mexican Night plus some recommendations on how to make this event a smash hit…
As part of our Website + Marketing package our clients receive the following Mexican Night designs customized to their brand and content:
1. A3 Print Ready Poster
2. A4 Print Ready Poster
3. A5 Print Ready Poster
4. Web Optimized Flyer (For use in emails and on the web)
5. Facebook Event Banner
6. Social Media Image
You will also receive the following content to help you promote the event:
- Sample text for the flyer design
- Facebook page post template – for promoting the event on your Facebook page.
- Facebook group post template – for promoting the event in your member Facebook group.
- EDM (electronic direct mail) e-mail template – for emailing out to your members
Here’s what it will look like:
Here’s how to run the event:
The way you run Mexican night is totally up to you but here are some suggestions:
- Add some Mexican / Day of the Dead decorations to make your gym look the part
- Get creative and see how you can make your evening workout Mexican themed. For example:
- Give everyone a sombrero and as a warm up members must flip people’s sombrero’s off their heads while keeping their own on. Anyone who touches their own sombrero is OUT!
- Find a Mexican-themed Spotify playlist for your workout
- Finish your workout with a Piñata contest (reinforce the Piñata so it’s not child’s play or hang it up high as an added challenge). Another way to do the Piñata would be to require a buy in for every attempt at the Piñata. A rope climb ought to do it!
- Mexican food doesn’t have to be greasy so cook some protein and vitamin packed taco ingredients and set up a taco / fajita bar with lots of fresh vegetable options for fillings (guacamole… YUM!)
- Hold a hot sauce or hot pepper eating challenge for those brave enough to take part.
- Post workout, offer Coronas or margaritas. Make fruit punch or soft drink available for the non-drinkers and remember to check people aren’t planning to drive home if they’re on the ‘hard stuff’.
- Advertise in advance and add an element of competition – the best mustache on the night wins a prize
- Set up some card tables for an opt-in Texas Hold Em championship… winner takes all
- Ask people to dress up but have a few extra sombreros to hand for those who don’t bring their own
- Think of some more fun games to incorporate to the workout and post-workout event
Promoting the event:
- Create an event on your Facebook page and share it in your members group.
- Write the content you need for the flyer template.
- Get the flyer designed by our design team here at WodSites.
- Post on your facebook page and other social media. Ask your followers to share to boost numbers or add a comment if they are coming along.
- Brief all your coaches on the event so that they can promote it at the start and end of class.
- Ask your members to invite their friends and families.
- If you are hiring boards and you are collecting the money upfront, then you could consider taking registrations online on your WodSites website.
- Send out an email through your CRM (Client Relation Management) System to all your members to promote the event.
- Encourage your members to wear your gym merch on the day, with prizes for people decked out in the gym merch.
- Organise printing of your posters and display them at the gym.
- Organise some small flyers for the members to take home and put on the fridge or to invite family and friends.
- Set tasks to send out reminders of the event as the event gets closer or build out an automation in your CRM System to automatically send out your reminders.
- Consider attaching flyers to noticeboards at local venues such as cafes and shopping malls if you are keen to have non-members join your event to get to know you and your gym.
Want to use this flyer template?
It’s simple. If you’re a member of the Website + Marketing subscription here at WodSites then all you need to do is click the button below to download the Word Document, complete the content in the document and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll edit up the flyer for you and send it back to you within a week.
Want more marketing ideas like this?
We have a whole suite of marketing ideas like this one and we’ll gladly share them with you. To get access to all our Event marketing ideas please email [email protected] and will send you links to our complete list of event ideas. In the meantime, here are some more ideas you might like.