Time to party, Bavarian-style!
Gathering everyone together for a social evening or outing is a great way to boost camaraderie away from the workout zone. Your Oktoberfest celebration is a fun night or afternoon filled with activities, food and friendly competition. This is an excellent opportunity to invite non-members who will have the chance to see what your gym is all about. Come up with some fun ideas and serve up the ‘best wurst’, for an event to remember!
On this page, you will find a template flyer for your Oktoberfest party plus some recommendations on how to make this event a smash hit…
…As part of our Website + Marketing package our clients receive the following Mexican Night designs customized to their brand and content:
1. A3 Print Ready Poster
2. A4 Print Ready Poster
3. A5 Print Ready Poster
4. Web Optimized Flyer (For use in emails and on the web)
5. Facebook Event Banner
6. Social Media Image
You will also receive the following content to help you promote the event:
- Sample text for the flyer design
- Facebook page post template – for promoting the event on your Facebook page.
- Facebook group post template – for promoting the event in your member Facebook group.
- EDM (electronic direct mail) e-mail template – for emailing out to your members
Here’s what it will look like:
Here’s how to run the event:
Invite your members and their guests to an Oktoberfest-themed event, completed with decorations and delicious food.
In Europe, Oktoberfest is a two week event so you can choose any date to celebrate during the month.
Depending on how much space you have, you can host the event at your box or choose a park or hall which has more room.
The colours of Bavaria are blue and white. Put up some streamers, flags and decorations to match your theme. You can also source some traditional checkered tablecloths.
Food ideas include:
- Red cabbage and sweet corn
- Sausages (wurst)
- German-style potato salad
- Jarlsberg grilled cheese sandwiches
- Slow cooked pork belly
- Spätzle (pasta-style dumplings)
- Potato skins
- Pig on a spit (if you have the numbers)
- Black Forest cake
- Apple strudel
- Pfeffernüsse (German cookies)
Don’t forget to add a few soups or salads for members who aren’t so keen on carb-loading!
Of course your members will also expect some quality German-style beers. Ask them to bring their own ‘stein’ for drinking and offer a non-alcoholic alternative to ales and lagers. You can also have some fun with custom made beer labels promoting your gym.
Play some traditional German folk music and encourage people to add some German flair to their outfits. If you have any German members in your gym you can guarantee they’ll turn up in their best Lederhosen pants and Dirndl dresses. Consider hiring a photo booth and bring some extra dress ups to keep the mood light.
Party games and activities include:
- Yodelling contest
- Log lifting
- Wood chopping
- Beer stein race (whoever has the most liquid in their stein at the finish line is the winner)
- Beer tasting
- Home brew information session
The beauty of Oktoberfest is that no matter where you are in the world, the weather is generally quite mild so you can host your event outdoors.
You can play drinking games but remember to encourage responsible drinking as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Promoting the event:
Spread the message far and wide to get as many participants as possible:
- Create an event on your Facebook page and share it in your members group.
- Write the content you need for the flyer template.
- Get the flyer designed by our design team here at WodSites.
- Post on your facebook page and other social media. Ask your followers to share to boost numbers or add a comment if they are coming along.
- Brief all your coaches on the event so that they can promote it at the start and end of class.
- Ask your members to invite their friends and families.
- If you are hiring boards and you are collecting the money upfront, then you could consider taking registrations online on your WodSites website.
- Send out an email through your CRM (Client Relation Management) System to all your members to promote the event.
- Encourage your members to wear your gym merch on the day, with prizes for people decked out in the gym merch.
- Organise printing of your posters and display them at the gym.
- Organise some small flyers for the members to take home and put on the fridge or to invite family and friends.
- Set tasks to send out reminders of the event as the event gets closer or build out an automation in your CRM System to automatically send out your reminders.
- Consider attaching flyers to noticeboards at local venues such as cafes and shopping malls if you are keen to have non-members join your event to get to know you and your gym.
Want to use this flyer template?
It’s simple. If you’re a member of the Website + Marketing subscription here at WodSites then all you need to do is click the button below to download the Word Document, complete the content in the document and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll edit up the flyer for you and send it back to you within a week.
Want more marketing ideas like this?
We have a whole suite of marketing ideas like this one and we’ll gladly share them with you. To get access to all our Event marketing ideas please email [email protected] and will send you links to our complete list of event ideas. In the meantime, here are some more ideas you might like.