Movie Night is a great chance to get your members and their families together for some “offsite” fun and the best thing is… it’s super easy to organise!
Bonding with your gym members and their families over a bucket of popcorn and a great movie is a really good talking point for your gym and we’re going to show you how you can make it happen.
In this month’s release of Gym Design we are releasing design templates to promote and run your own Movie Night. As part of our Website + Marketing package our clients receive the following designs customized to their brand and content:
1. A3 Print Ready Poster
2. A4 Print Ready Poster
3. A5 Print Ready Poster
4. Web Optimized Flyer (For use in emails and on the web)
5. Facebook Event Banner
6. Social Media Image
You will also receive the following content to help you promote the event:
- Sample text for the flyer design
- Facebook page post template – for promoting the event on your Facebook page.
- Facebook group post template – for promoting the event in your member Facebook group.
- EDM (electronic direct mail) e-mail template – for emailing out to your members
Here’s what it will look like:
Here’s how to run the event:
Movie Night is super easy to organise, so if you’re a bit short on time but want to run an event that everyone will love… this is the one!
- Run a vote on your Facebook page with a choice of three cinema movies and get your followers to vote. The one with the most votes is the one you choose. (remember that they should all be family friendly and enjoyable… when in doubt… Marvel movies work a treat)
- Contact your local cinema and see if you can grab a special offer for reserving multiple seats in advance.
- Check and double check cinema times and look at nearby parking, restaurants or bars.
- You can choose to collect the ticket money in advance or let everyone pay on the door but you need to know the numbers to reserve it!
- Decorate your box with movie themed posters or props in the run-up to your event
- Arrange a pre movie dinner or a post movie drinks event. This will depend on whether your crowd are family oriented or party people!
- Arrange to get some small toys or snacks for the kids attending – they could be superhero toys if you’ve chosen to see a Marvel movie.
Promoting the event:
Movie Night is an event that everyone will love and the best part is that it’s family and partner friendly so everyone can attend. This is a great chance to get to know the families of your members and who knows.. they might be joining your box sooner than you think! Here’s how to promote it:
- Get your members to choose one of three movies on your Facebook page (remember no slasher movies!)
- Contact your local cinema to find out costs, times and seating arrangements.
- Write the content you need for the flyer and be sure to get your timings right!
- Get the flyer designed by our design team here at WodSites
- Decide if you will collect the money upfront and include dinner in the ticket. EG – $50 for dinner and a movie or if you will let people pay on the door.
- Brief all your coaches on the event so that they can promote it at the start and end of class.
- Create your Facebook event with all the information including cost, time and how to pay.
- Post the event in your members Facebook group and keep your Instagram page updated.
- Post teasers of your chosen movie on all your channels, bonus points for getting your coaches to post selfies promoting the event!
- Send out an email to all your members.
- Organise printing of your posters and display them at the gym.
- Organise some small flyers for the members to take home and put on the fridge or to invite family and friends.
- Set tasks to send out reminders of the event as the event gets closer.
Want to use this flyer template?
It’s simple. If you’re a member of the Website + Marketing subscription here at WodSites then all you need to do is click the button below to download the Word Document, complete the content in the document and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll edit up the flyer for you and send it back to you within a week.
Want more marketing ideas like this?
We have a whole suite of marketing ideas like this one and we’ll gladly share them with you. To get access to all our Event marketing ideas please email [email protected] and will send you links to our complete list of event ideas. In the meantime, here are some more ideas you might like.