Are you fighting for the dark side or will you take the path of light?
Are you, the chosen ones, ready to use the force and fight the biggest battle in the entire galaxy? Will the Sith finally become the ruler of the galaxy or will the Jedi continue to defeat the Dark Lord of the Sith?
A Stars Wars social night at your gym is a great way to build camaraderie among your members and strengthen your community. In this post, you will find a sample flyer design and all the details on how you can run an epic STAR WARS movie night and workout event.
…As part of our Website + Marketing package our clients receive the following 2019 Postcard or Greeting Card customized to their brand and content:
- A3 Print Ready Poster
- A4 Print Ready Poster
- A5 Print Ready Poster
- Web Optimized Flyer (For use in emails and on the web)
- Facebook Event Banner
- Social Media Image
You will also receive the following content to help you promote the event:
- Sample text for the flyer design
- Facebook page post template – for promoting the event on your Facebook page.
- Facebook group post template – for promoting the event in your member Facebook group.
- EDM (electronic direct mail) e-mail template – for emailing out to your members
Here’s what it will look like:
Here’s how to run the event:
The event is going to start with an inhouse competition on a Saturday afternoon. To get started, you’ll need to split the groups in two different teams – Jedi and Sith. If you have encouraged your members to dress up for the event then try to keep those dressed for the dark side on the Sith team and those dressed for the path of light on the Jedi team.
Once finalised, you can start with your inhouse competition. It’s recommended that you start some fun team warm up games which will help the teams earn points. Then after the warm up, you can start hitting a couple of workouts. There are a variety of workouts which could be used for a team competition but here’s a couple of ideas to get your creativity flowing:
- First, the workouts should be easy to score for each individual athlete so the scores can be easily tallied up to give an overall team score. For example, you could do an AMRAP style workout and simply tally up the reps for each individual to form a team total. Or you could do a ‘For Time’ workout and simply award points for the placing of each athlete in their team. For example, if you have 50 competitors first place would earn 50 points and last place would earn 1 point.
- Second, there needs to be set ‘scaling options’ including some fun kids workouts so the whole community can participate. It will also be important that the teams are split evening amongst those scaling options so that the teams are kept competitive.
- Finally, aside from having the members compete individually and tallying up the scores, you can have the participants compete in small teams. For example, one creative way to have the teams compete against each other would be to do an elimination style workout where you break the Sith and Jedi teams down further into teams of two or three. Next the mini-teams go head-to-head with short interval workouts where the loser is eliminated and the winner progresses to the next round. Start by having the Sith’s battle out against each other and the same with the Jedi’s until you are left with the best of the Siths and the best of the Jedi’s. Finally, the remaining team from each side go head-to-head and battle it out to become the ultimate ruler of the galaxy.
After the in-house competition, why not stick around for a Star Wars movie marathon and pizza dinner in the evening? You could also prepare some snacks or have members bring some food along to share.
All in all, this would be a killer event.
Promoting the event:
Promoting the event is simple but it does need you to coordinate with your staff since you’ll need to have them onsite just to be sure everything runs smoothly.
- Promote your event on your Facebook page and members group.
- Write the content you need for the flyer
- Get all the necessary permits and permissions you need for the event should you decide to host it outside your gym.
- Ask your members to invite their friends and families
- Get the flyer designed by our design team here at WodSites
- Brief all your coaches on the event so that they can promote it at the start and end of class.
- Send out an email to all your members to promote the event.
- Make sure to have your members dress up as their favorite Jedi or Sith on the day
- Organise printing of your posters and display them at the gym.
- Organise some small flyers for the members to take home and put on the fridge or to invite family and friends.
- Set tasks to send out reminders of the event as the event gets closer.
- Prepare small snacks for your members and their family and be sure to have a copy of the Star Wars movies ready on the day.
- You might need a sound system, projector and screen to create a mini theatre on your box so be sure to have those secured.
Want to use this flyer template?
It’s simple. If you’re a member of the Website + Marketing subscription here at WodSites then all you need to do is click the button below to download the Word Document, complete the content in the document and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll edit up the flyer for you and send it back to you within a week. If you’re not a member yet, you need to be! New templates like this are created all the time for our members along with tons of other benefits. CLICK HERE to watch a complete demo of our services and then SIGN UP to get access to these marketing solutions and much more.
Want more marketing ideas like this?
We have a whole suite of marketing ideas like this one and we’ll gladly share them with you. To get access to all our Event marketing ideas please email [email protected] and will send you links to our complete list of event ideas. In the meantime, here are some more ideas you might like.