A Steak Date Night is literally the ultimate event for a gym to run! Beer, meat, music, friends… what’s not to love?
It’s also a positive reinforcement of the point that we workout so that we can enjoy treats like a good BBQ and a cold beer. A Steak Date Night event is totally inclusive which means that members can invite their friends and families along for a great social!
In this month’s release of Gym Design, we are releasing design templates for you to promote and run your own Steak Date Night. As part of our Website + Marketing package, our clients receive the following designs customized to their brand and content:
1. A3 Print Ready Poster
2. A4 Print Ready Poster
3. A5 Print Ready Poster
4. Web Optimized Flyer (For use in emails and on the web)
5. Facebook Event Banner
6. Social Media Image
You will also receive the following content to help you promote the event:
- Sample text for the flyer design
- Facebook page post template – for promoting the event on your Facebook page.
- Facebook group post template – for promoting the event in your member Facebook group.
- EDM (electronic direct mail) e-mail template – for emailing out to your members
Here’s what it will look like:
Here’s how to run the event:
Your Steak Date Night is fun, safe and should be super easy to organise. The key is to get yourself coordinated and make sure your staff and members are assigned roles that will help you to pull it off. Here’s what you need to do:
- Decide if you’re charging for the event or not. You could decide to run it free as a loyalty incentive for existing members and as a tasty way to meet new potential ones.
- Set a Friday night aside at your gym so that your Steak Date Night can run after your last class.
- Make a special fun class that night. It could be a pairs workout, themed workout or just an easy and fun class that will include everyone.
- Create an online event attendance form or create a document to be filled in at your box so you know numbers.
- Decide if you want your members to bring a bottle or contribute some food.
- Create a list of items you will need for your Steak Date Night, these will include meat, salads, beers and soft drinks, music, chairs and tables, lighting and paper plates.
- Consider foods for non-meat eaters so everyone is included.
- Decide who will help to organise the BBQ, play the music and clean up afterwards.
- Plan to socialise with new potential members or have a coach do it.
- Plan a special pre-BBQ WOD that will include everyone.
- Remember to take your smartphone to snap some photos and videos for your social media pages.
Promoting the event:
Your Steak Date Night should be a fairly low cost, low hassle event that can be run at any time throughout the year. You need to make it worthwhile though, so promotion is key. Here’s how:
- Promote your event on your Facebook page and members group.
- Write the content you need for the flyer.
- Ask your members to invite their friends and families.
- Get the flyer designed by our design team here at WodSites.
- Brief all your coaches on the event so that they can promote it at the start and end of class.
- Send out an email to all your members to promote the event.
- Organise printing of your posters and display them at the gym.
- Organise some small flyers for the members to take home and put on the fridge or to invite family and friends.
- Set tasks to send out reminders of the event as the event gets closer.
Want to use this flyer template?
It’s simple. If you’re a member of the Website + Marketing subscription here at WodSites then all you need to do is click the button below to download the Word Document, complete the content in the document and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll edit up the flyer for you and send it back to you within a week.
Want more marketing ideas like this?
We have a whole suite of marketing ideas like this one and we’ll gladly share them with you. To get access to all our Event marketing ideas please email [email protected] and will send you links to our complete list of event ideas. In the meantime, here are some more ideas you might like.