There’s nothing like a little friendly competition!
What’s the point in achieving strength and fitness goals if you don’t put them to the test??
Invite your members to participate in a month-long ‘Tribe Wars’ competition and see who comes out on top. This is a great way to encourage attendance and motivate your members to fast-track their achievements in the box.
You can run your ‘war’ your way, choosing from some of the advice below.
To get started, on this page, you will find a template flyer for your Tribe Wars event, plus some recommendations on how to make it fun and suitable for a range of abilities.
As part of our Website + Marketing package our clients receive the following Mexican Night designs customized to their brand and content:
1. A3 Print Ready Poster
2. A4 Print Ready Poster
3. A5 Print Ready Poster
4. Web Optimized Flyer (For use in emails and on the web)
5. Facebook Event Banner
6. Social Media Image
You will also receive the following content to help you promote the event:
- Sample text for the flyer design
- Facebook page post template – for promoting the event on your Facebook page.
- Facebook group post template – for promoting the event in your member Facebook group.
- EDM (electronic direct mail) e-mail template – for emailing out to your members
Here’s what it will look like:
Here’s how to run the event:
Divide your members into Tribes for a month-long period. The goal of each Tribe is to earn points, with the group that earns the most points being declared the winner.
Members start off earning points for showing up to class. Coaches also have the power to award points for extra effort during each training session. Points can be lost for untidiness or lack of effort.
To add extra motivation to the competition, invite Tribe members to set a weight loss or strength goal, with points being awarded as they progress. You could also have some t-shirts made up and award points to those who wear them to their training sessions.
You can also consider hosting a special ‘Tribe Wars’ event, with a series of strength and fitness challenges pitting team against team.
Of course, the winning team needs to be rewarded! Have a chat to some suppliers and see if they will sponsor your Tribe Wars by donating power bars, gym gear or supplements. Other prize ideas include bumper stickers for the winning team, caps, shirts or free group training sessions.
If you’re in an unforgiving mood, a ‘punishment’ can be set for the losing teams in the form of 100 Burpees or an equally taxing set of moves.
Promoting the event:
Spread the message far and wide to get as many participants as possible:
- Create an event on your Facebook page and share it in your members group.
- Write the content you need for the flyer template.
- Get the flyer designed by our design team here at WodSites.
- Post on your facebook page and other social media. Ask your followers to share to boost numbers or add a comment if they are coming along.
- Brief all your coaches on the event so that they can promote it at the start and end of class.
- Ask your members to invite their friends and families.
- If you are hiring boards and you are collecting the money upfront, then you could consider taking registrations online on your WodSites website.
- Send out an email through your CRM (Client Relation Management) System to all your members to promote the event.
- Encourage your members to wear your gym merch on the day, with prizes for people decked out in the gym merch.
- Organise printing of your posters and display them at the gym.
- Organise some small flyers for the members to take home and put on the fridge or to invite family and friends.
- Set tasks to send out reminders of the event as the event gets closer or build out an automation in your CRM System to automatically send out your reminders.
- Consider attaching flyers to noticeboards at local venues such as cafes and shopping malls if you are keen to have non-members join your event to get to know you and your gym.
Want to use this flyer template?
It’s simple. If you’re a member of the Website + Marketing subscription here at WodSites then all you need to do is click the button below to download the Word Document, complete the content in the document and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll edit up the flyer for you and send it back to you within a week.
Want more marketing ideas like this?
We have a whole suite of marketing ideas like this one and we’ll gladly share them with you. To get access to all our Event marketing ideas please email [email protected] and will send you links to our complete list of event ideas. In the meantime, here are some more ideas you might like.